“GIVE PRIORITY TO LIFE”
Tips for drivers from the B.-A.-Z. County
Commission for Traffic Accident Prevention
We welcome you to the streets and roads of the second biggest county in the Republic of Hungary, B.-A.-Z. County.
We request that you read and follow the tips and informations below.
DRIVE SLOWER, LIVE LONGER
31-35 % of the accidents on our roads occur because of speeding. The following speed limits for cars are enforced:
- in cities, towns and villages: 50 km/h
- outside cities, towns ond villages, other roads: 90 km/h
- expressways: 110 km/h
- motorways: 130 km/h
- We request that you obey these speed limits.
AVOID PEDESTRIANS, DON’T HIT CYCLISTS!
- There are very few bike and pedestrian paths along our streets. The result is, unfortunately, obvious – in almost half of the traffic accidents a cyclist or pedestrian is injured.
- Always pay attention while driving! Be prepared to encounter cyclists or pedestrians at any time on our roads.
SEE AND BE SEEN
All vehicles on roads outside of cities, torwns, and villages must have headlights on, even during daylight hours.
- It is possible to prevent accidents with the use of turned down headlights.
- In 2000, foreigners were involed in 26 traffic accidents in our county.
We request that you follow our suggestions and that you inform your countrymen arriving in our county of these tips.
In this way you can prevent a traffic accident from making a holidaya “memory for a lifetime”.